Brodhead, WI

i read about ms. now all of the sudden i have slurred speech, tingling, tremors, back pain, and dizziness. anxiety? i worry a lot.

Dr. Aaron Ament
SUDDEN? SUDDEN?: SUDDEN SEEMS LIKE PRETTY FAST DEVELOPMENT OF THIS ILLNESS, ESPECIALLY IN SOMEONE YOUR AGE. i WONDER IF YOU WORRY A LOT. IT COULD BE THAT. BUT IF YOU'RE REALLY CONCERNED WOULDN'T IT BE A GOOD IDEA TO GO TO SOMEONE (YOUR DR) AND FIND OUT? YOU SEEM TO YOUNG TO HAVE HAD TIME TO DEVELOP THE EXPERIENCE TO MAKE A PROPER DIAGNOSTIC JUDGMENT. CHECK WITH YOUR DR.
Dr. Patrick Connor
Emergency Medicine 35 years experience
See a neurologist: There could numerous reasons for your symptoms. Have your parents take you to your pediatrician. I would suggest that you try different subjects to read
Dr. Aaron Ament
Dr. Aaron Ament commented
A VERY SAFE ANSWER. THIS WAY IT'S UNLIKELY YOU'LL MISS SOMETHING. BUT WORRY IS PROBABLY UNNESSARY.
Aug 3, 2014
Dr. Edwin Ishoo
Anxiety: Its not uncommon for young people who are just learning about frightening diseases to experience some of the symptoms they read about. It even happens to medical and nursing students. Talk to your parents or an adult you trust about your worries. Take a break from reading and distract yourself with an enjoyable activity. You can go back to learning about MS, once you feel better.
Dr. Aaron Ament
Dr. Aaron Ament commented
THIS IS VERY WELL WORDED, AND A VERY KIND ANSWER. I CONCUR.
Aug 3, 2014
Neurology 52 years experience
Doubt MS, but: you do have some problems, and need to find out if due to your anxiety or medical issues. See your regular doctor and get this assessed. Does not sound like MS, based upon your current nonspecific symptoms.
Dr. Judith Tellerman
Clinical Psychology 42 years experience
ANXIETY: 1st have a physical exam by a Neurologist to determine if you have a physical illness. If cleared, consult with a Clinical Psychologist for psychotherapy to help you with ZOOM and a Psychiatrist for medication. Your fears and anxiety could be heightened because of the Covid-19 pandemic. Stay safe, cautious & hold on to hopefulness to elevate your immune system.