tightness at the base of the neck (front) and along clavicles, feels like throat is tight when head tilts back, throat clicks when swallowing. glands?

Dr. Robert Stachler
30 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Plat yams muscle pul: You probably pulled your platysma muscle. There is normal clicking of the larynx over the spine when you swallow. You can try some Motrin 600 mg three times a day for any inflammation in this area. I have not really seen clicking so bad in my practice that I had to treat it. The Motrin will help the muscle strain. If it is not better in a few weeks, see an ENT doctor and they will check it.
Answered on Jul 24, 2014