I accidently burned the front side of my head with straightening iron it hurts really bad did this cause any damage to blood vessels or anything?

Dr. Felecia Sumner
Unlikely : The burn you have, even though I'm sure it's quite painful, is likely too superficial to come in contact with any blood vessels on your forehead. You can consider taking Tylenol (acetaminophen) or ibuprofen for your pain. Also, applying a cool (not icy cold) compress to the area may be helpful. Best wishes.
Dr. Asha Kamnani
Use some calendula ointment or hydrocortisone cream. It is soothing and helps in healing.
Jul 20, 2014
Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Dr. Jan Lei Iwata commented
Ophthalmology 26 years experience
You may experience post inflammatory hyperpigmentation from the burn as it matures. So, keep it out of the sun to reduce the effects seen.
Jul 20, 2014

Last updated Apr 5, 2016