IA

dull knee pain that wakes me up at night and hard to go back to sleep?

Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management 17 years experience
See Ortho if Needed: Usually most pain resolves on its own, however if it persists or you have swelling noted you may want to see an orthopedic doctor to evaluate it further. Use Ibuprofen or aleve (naproxen) around the clock for the next several days to help as well.
Dr. James Johnson
Sports Medicine 28 years experience
I would also say that given your age that if the pain last beyond one to two weeks, you should go see an orthopedic or sports medicine specialist to have a physical examination of your knee and an x-ray.
Jul 19, 2014

Last updated Jul 19, 2014