Batavia, OH

I went off of zoloft (sertraline) recently and all withdrawal symptoms have subsided except for horribly fowl gas and stomach discomfort. when/how will this stop?

Dr. Anthony Vita
Specializes in Psychiatry
Soon: Robert, hopefully you stopped your sertraline (Zoloft) with the help of your physician. I would be more worried that your psychiatric symptoms could come back. If you were on sertraline for over a month, it may take about a week for the stomach upset to subside. If it lasts longer than this your stomach issues are unlikely due to the sertraline, and I would see your physician for a work-up.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 6, 2015