why won't my ingrown toe nail heal. 2 podiatrist said idk. no borders just burning sensation. no infection either?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Glynis Ablon
28 years experience Dermatology
Often with ingrown: toenails the side of the nail needs to be removed and the nail matrix destroyed to allow a nail to grow out normally (if topical medication and cotton placed under ingrown nail edge doesn't work)
Answered on Nov 27, 2017
Dr. David Hettinger
35 years experience Podiatry
Abnormal...: This is not usual. If two other podiatrists don't know why this is happening to you, perhaps it's time to biopsy the area and make sure nothing else is going on!
Answered on Mar 22, 2020
Dr. Richard Taddeo
25 years experience Podiatry
Further debribement: may be necessary. There may be a remaining spicule of nail still present. It doesn't take much, even a small piece.
Answered on Mar 13, 2020