OH

is it normal to have severe period cramps a week before your period? my cramps are in my waist and lower back. i've never had sex, so i'm not pregnant

Dr. Clarene Cress
Specializes in Pediatrics
Some women do: Have bad cramps either a week or several days before their period, but by age 22, I would have expected that you would have experienced this before, as it tends to be a recurring thing. Also, those cramps are usually more in the lower abdomen as well as the back. Other things to consider would be related to constipaton or urinary track. If it persists more than 12-24 hours, get it checked out.

Last updated Jul 14, 2014