Is it ok to take low dose xanax (alprazolam) during ivf 2ww to reduce the stress and anxiety of worrying about cycle success? is ambien safe during 2ww?

Dr. Glenn Messina
Aesthetic Medicine 35 years experience
No: It is best to avoid taking any medications of this nature during pregnancy
Dr. Charles Palmer
Gynecology 14 years experience
Probably NOT: IVF as you know is very expensive and I can imagine that you have exhausted most other ways of trying to get pregnant. Xanax is a Class D drug for pregnancy which means it isn't very safe. Think about the risks vs. the benefits. You may get a few hours of "less stress" but what if something happens to your baby? I don't think it is worth it. Ambien is less dangerous. Try Benadryl (diphenhydramine) for stress

Last updated Jul 9, 2014