Colombia

I want to know if it is true that the amino acid l-tyrosine may work as an antidepressant, and how to take (dose, time).

Dr. Mara Fiorentino
True is false: The answer is " it depends on your response to it" . True in medicine depends on strict parameters of number of positive responses versus negative or null responses. There are few or any controlled studies of L- tyrosine compared to placebo ( a sugar pill) and to antidepressants. I hope this is clear enough. Thanks!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Philip Miller
Amino acid: L tyrosine may have minimal side effects to improve energy levels: it is not an antidepressant- never has been.
Dr. Steven Watry
General Practice 22 years experience
Tryptophan does breakdown into 5HTP, and will support serotonin production
Jul 13, 2014
Last updated Apr 7, 2015