I have blue spider veins in my leg and one or two small purplish veins. am i at risk of DVT in pregnancy if i become pregnant? im terrified!!!!

Dr. Glenn Messina
34 years experience in Aesthetic Medicine
No: These spider veins and small blue veins are simply a sign that some of your veins and a bit of back flow creating these veins that you see. DVT in pregnancy is always a small risk but you are no more likely than anyone else. These are really benign vascular formations and not associated with DVT. DVT as name involves deep veins not these superficial spiders.
Answered on Jan 6, 2016

Have health concerns or questions and need access to a doctor? HealthTap has you covered.