U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
charlotte, NC
A 22-year-old female asked:

I get chronic hives several days and continuous before and after my period. also i get pressure hives. help !! ?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 57 years experience
See allergist: If your hives improve or subside during your period, you may have an allergy to progesterone. Try increasing your oral antihistamine (preferably a non-sedating one) to 2 to 4 x a day and see if it helps. Consider an allergy consultation.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jun 26, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.