A 41-year-old member asked:

I am want to quit and reccover from crystal meth addiction and i cannot take methadone or for that matter most all pain med. makes me sick, will this?

2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Michio Abe
Internal Medicine 28 years experience
Crystal meth: It's a good sign that you want to quit. I suggest that you contact a methamphitamine detox/rehab center.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Psychiatry 44 years experience
For physicians you can contact American Society for Addiction Medicine and use their "Find a Physician" search engine: http://www.asam.org/ There are multiple drug treatment centers around Beaumont TX: http://local.soberrecovery.com/Drug_Detox_Beaumont_TX-r1299042-Beaumont_TX.html
Oct 20, 2012
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management 29 years experience
Need inpatient rehab: I would not suggest the use of Suboxone for meth addiction. It is really not for that. The use of something as addictive and dangerous as meth requires intensive and highly specialized treatment which is best given in an inpatient setting.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 18, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.