U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 18-year-old male asked:

What are treatment options for nasal polyps?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Michael Finkelstein
Internal Medicine 38 years experience
Nasal steroids: or surgery if they become an obstruction
Dr. Bernstein Joel
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 61 years experience
Medical or surgical: Depending on the size and the symptoms, medical treatment with both topical and oral steroids for a limited period of time can give enormous relief. But the etiology or cause of nasal polyps is still an enigma but there is increasing evidence that it is a genetic disease. If the nasal passages are significantly obstructed and smell is decreased, surgery will give long term relief.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Similar questions

A 47-year-old member asked:

What is a good treatment for ethnoidal nasal polyp?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Michael Zacharisen
Allergy and Immunology 34 years experience
Depends on size: Large nasal polyps are generally surgically removed by ENT surgeons. Sometimes small nasal polyps are treated with topical nasal steroid sprays. Nasal polyps are associated with poor sense of smell, recurrent sinus infections and aspirin allergy in adults.

Related questions

A 37-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 49-year-old female asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Last updated Mar 24, 2016
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.