East Wenatchee, WA

I've had a patch of numbness approx 6 inches across on the left side of my left thigh, just above my knee, for about 10 years now. what could it be?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Hypesthesia: Loss of or diminished sensation generally is due to an injury or pinching of a nerve entering the leg and after 10 years,it appears that the damage is permanent but not serious. The pinching of the nerve may be seen in obese people or in people who sit for long periods such as truck drivers for example. A neurologist could check this for you.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 29, 2016