how many people die from stomach cancer each year?

Dr. Ritesh Rathore
Hematology and Oncology 30 years experience
More than 10000 : In the United States, more than 10, 000 people die from stomach cancer every year; though the number of new cases are decreasing here it is one of the more common cancers worldwide. Death rates continue to be not changed very much.
Dr. Mark Hoepfner
General Surgery 39 years experience
Cancer: If you are asking about yourself, stomach cancer would be exceedingly rare at age 23. Stomach cancers in the us have dropped off significantly since the 1930's. It is more common in other countries such as japan. It is not in the top 10 cancers in the us. Only 8-16 people in 100, 000 get it in us. Five year survival has increased from 15% to 27% in past 30 years. About 10, 000 die of it in us yearly.