A member asked:

Hi, every period i pass heavy blood clots. is that a bad thing? i never been to ob-gyn should i go?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Emil Mondoa answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

If you lose more blood during the period than your bone marrow creates between the period, you eventually become anemic. Yes, you should see a gynecologist or obstetrician/gynecologist because there are different reasons why a person could be having heavy periods.

Answered Jun 15, 2014



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content
Dr. Liengkong Siew answered

Specializes in Gynecology

you have heavy periods if for a long time then you have to make certain that you have not blood disorders or just normal for your family members. Anyway you need a complete gyn visit to ascertain that asap. It is definitely urgent to rule out any serious problem as you are in childbearing age. GOOD LUCK.

Answered Jun 26, 2014



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor