slc, UT

I'm not interested in a formal diagnosis from my mri just need an eng transl: "most likely vascular etiology" t2 prolong. in peri. tectum + up. pons assoc w chron micro ischemic change see doc 7/10.

Dr. Michael Finkelstein
It means: changes in your brain in the brainstem region due to very small artery damage due to decreased blood to a specific area like a very mini stroke in that part of the brain thats as simple as i can make it
Dr. Adam Lewis
Neurosurgery 35 years experience
Cerebral ischemia: The radiologist is describing normal aging in the brain (atherosclerosis changes) in the region of the midbrain and the pons. These structures serve as a relay station between the cerebrum and the spinal cord. High blood pressure, diabetes, and elevated cholesterol can accelerate these aging changes and lead to stroke. Discuss these findings with a neurologist or neurosurgeon.

Last updated Jun 25, 2014