I've woken up with a swollen upper lip three days in a row. i have a little numbness and benadryl (diphenhydramine) isn't helping. the swelling won't go away.

Dr. Donald Colantino
Angioedema: Angioedema is what is occurring overnight. This is due to an allergic reaction to something internal or external that is triggering the reaction. An allergist is best qualified to evaluate and advise you although sometimes the offending substance is never discovered. A medication like Atarax (hydroxyzine) May be more effective.
Dr. Ivelisse Rivera-Godreau
Get evaluated..: More information is needed on other symptoms associated in order to tell what is most likely going on. Also what meds are you taking, any new foods or exposures. It is also important to take a look at it and probably get labs if necessary. My advise is to get seen ASAP. If you are having trouble breathing go to the ED now.

Last updated May 16, 2021