I am on 10mg Lexapro (escitalopram) and 8mg of diazepam daily.The last2 2 weeks I am irritable and aggressive.My Dr put me on centrax for a month.I feel better,Why?

Dr. Linda Callaghan
52 years experience in Addiction Medicine
Individual response.: Different individuals respond to different medications even if the medications belong to the same class of medications. Diazepam is a longer acting benzodiazepam but Centrax, Prazepam is shorter acting benzodiazepine . It could be also explained by the antidepressant working and you are less depressed. As they say, depression is "frozen anger".
Answered on Jul 10, 2015
1