I haven't pooped in 4 days and have lower back and abdominal pain. First pain started under the right side of my rib now I'm having pain lower abdomen?

Dr. Charles Cattano
38 years experience in Gastroenterology
Define constipation: How do you define "constipation?" A medical definition is bowel infrequency (less than one bowel movement every 3-4 days). What's "normal" for you? I know of no patient who died due to bowel infrequency but an obstructed colon that ruptures, leaks, infarcts can be life threatening if obstruction is not relieved. On the other hand, situational constipation is common & self-resolving. Don't panic...
Answered on Oct 24, 2017