how does it feel to be caught in tsunami debris choking on muddy water, with sharp objects tearing you apart?

Dr. Thomas Namey
Rheumatology 48 years experience
Not good!: Do you think it would feel good? My intuitions are that it would feel terrible, or until your brain locked down. Have never spoken to someone who survived.
Probably bad: I survived either a tidal wave or a tsunami when I was a young child living in Japan - BUT I don't recall it and was never carried away by it. A tsunami can carry debris as large as an automobile and the current can be very fast. This creates potential for severe injury and suffering. I hope that neither you nor I ever have to endure the situation you have described.

Last updated May 21, 2017