Being a IV heroin addict I used methamphetimine to cure withdrawal symptoms. it worked but I don't get high off the meth. Able to eat and sleep. Why?

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
48 years experience in Addiction Medicine
No clue: but I wish you were more concerned with dealing with your addictions than blocking withdrawal symptoms. I have treated MANY people who used both heroin and methamphetamine, and none of them said that amphetamine did anything beneficial for their withdrawal, so it may be just your particular biology. Most use speed to stay awake for the heroin high, or use heroin to take the edge off the speed.
Answered on Jun 3, 2014
1