what do you advise if i'm getting an mri scan with dye injection on my shoulder; does it hurt?

Dr. Leland Berkwits
Pain Management 37 years experience
MR Arthrography: MR Arthrography is performed to determine whether you have a tear in the labrum (the cartilage that covers the shoulder "socket"), sometimes called a SLAP lesion. After numbing the skin, the radiologist will place a needle into the shoulder under X-ray guidance and inject contrast under X-ray to confirm the medication is flowing into the shoulder capsule. This procedure is not usually very painful
Dr. Peter Nefcy
Dr. Peter Nefcy commented
Radiology 39 years experience
Google "DrNefcy.com" and click on arthrogram advice for additional information.
Sep 24, 2014