Canada

my stomach has been aching a lot over the months. especially if im out or with friends. how do i know if its ibs or anxiety? my mom has ibs ..

Dr. John Tang
Dr. John Tang answered
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 23 years experience
IBS: I think you actually have a food allergy/sensitivity which causes the symptoms and in fact can lead to more anxiety. When you are going out you are eating or drinking something that you are allergic. Do a food dairy. Be suspicious of gluten - pasta, bread, flour based foods, beer or dairy - cheese, milk, yogart. It can be both. If you find you react to any of these you must eliminate the food