Richardson, TX

Started saphris (asenapine) april 1st, doctor is having me just go off it and start perphenazine/amitryptline 4/50, is this good for psychotic thoughts?

Dr. David Roberts
37 years experience
Worrisome: It is always tricky to find the right mix, while symptoms are present. On the other hand, you have not been on this medication that long, so withdrawal will likely be tolerable. Still, better to add the medication first, then taper off of the old medication, in my opinion. Were there problems with saphris (asenapine) that made your doctor nervous about keeping you on it?
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 28, 2014