Portland, OR

If allergic to benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid, what do you use to treat adult acne?

Pathology 45 years experience
Retinoic acids: I doubt you're allergic to both, though they are both unpleasant to use and will irritate the heck out of your skin. That's part of how they work. If you are not able to tolerate these, a retinoic acid derivative toically is a good start. Your physician can add something else to the regimen if you're not clear in two weeks.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.