U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 43-year-old female asked:

I have these little bumps on the back of my arms. what is this? can it be treated?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Veena Govila
61 years experience
Bumps: Bumps can be some dermatoses. But need a good exam. Good lotion will be helpfull.
Dr. Bradford Romans
A Verified Doctoranswered
Internal Medicine 38 years experience
A common condition: is Keratosis Pilaris,which can be treated with Lac Hydrin.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Similar questions

A 29-year-old member asked:

What are those little bumps on the backs of my arms?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology 33 years experience
Keratosis pilaris: Keratosis pilaris (kp) is a very common skin disorder seen in many people of all ages. It is a benign condition that presents as numerous small, rough, red, or tan bumps primarily around hair follicles on the upper arms, legs, buttocks, and sometimes cheeks. Kp creates a "goose bumps, " "gooseflesh, " or "chicken skin" appearance on the skin. Use cerave sal which is otc.
New Zealand
A 31-year-old female asked:

What are the little bumps on the top of my arms?

3 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology 37 years experience
Keratosis pilaris: Runs in families. Harmless but for your opinion of them. Gentle cleansing abrasives and some moisturizer might help. A dermatologist may have ideas - but it's not a threat and often does vanish over the years. It is most common in young women. Try not to fret - that's less attractive than the bumps. Best!
Last updated May 21, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.