i had nerves removed from my leg. will i ever have feeling in my leg again, and will the nerves regenerate?

Dr. Eric Weisman
Neurology 36 years experience
To an extent: It takes a long time for the nerves to re-sprout. A percentage of the nerve fibers can find there way back to where they belong. Other nerves will take over part of the territory. If you are left with a small area of numbness it is often barely noticeable. The whole process takes months to years. The healing process is complex and may require slow re-growth from the dorsal root ganglia
Dr. Moshe Usadi
Specializes in Family Medicine
Sometimes: Nerves have an amazing ability to regenerate but whether they will in a given situation is unpredictable. Many people who have had injuries or procedures lose sensation in a specific area - this is often better than having pain. Most people get used to this. You do have to be careful about injuries in this area, because you do not have sensation to protect you.