U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 39-year-old member asked:

Can you tell me how i could deal with an angry, grudge-holding mother?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ed Friedlander
Pathology 45 years experience
Set limits: I am going to assume you are financially independent. If you can, remind her how much you love her, whether or not you actually do. If she's willing to sit down and talk with a family counselor, great. If this is disruptive, be ready to tell her in a registered letter what behaviors you will not accept, and that continuing problems will limit her ability to be involved with any grandchildren.
Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Neurology 34 years experience
Mental status of mom: I concur with Dr. Friedlander & his worthy advice. Also, keep in mind that changes in cognition or mental status may be at a very early stage. Your mom is in at least her 60's if not older, right? That could signal the beginning of a dementing process which can be seen as personality changes or magnifications of NEG behavior traits in some cases. If true then, use of logic may start to fail in her

Related questions

A 35-year-old member asked:
Can you tell me how I could get control back from my mother in law who watches my son while I work?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 37-year-old member asked:
Could you tell me what happens to the mother during a miscarriage?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 34-year-old member asked:
Please tell me, could a nursing mother take an antimalarial?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 41-year-old member asked:
Please tell me, could a lactating mother take lonart tablets?
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Last updated Jul 12, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.