How to prevent hair loss and hair breaking problem?

Dr. Walter Futterweit
Endocrinology 64 years experience
Have iron infood: Many things. No traction in hair. Wash daily. Check for hormones like testosterone and prolactin.

Boston, MA

What is the cause of hair loss and what can I do to prevent it?

Dr. Ankush Bansal
Many: There are many causes including infections, nutrition, chronic illnesses, toxins, stress, and rarely in women, genetics. Prevention depends on the cause so you should get a full evaluation by your doctor.

Why there is no medicine to prevent hair loss? ?

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 28 years experience
Hair Loss: Yes, there is. Millions of men worldwide use it. It's brand name is Propecia (generic is finasteride). Your family physician can fill you in on the particulars.

How to prevent hair loss. I'm 21?

Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 57 years experience
Depends: If there is a causative factor for the hair loss, treatment of the condition will usually take care of it (stress, iron deficiency, thyroid). Otherwise you hair pattern is mostly hereditary even though Rogaine and Proscar may be helpful in regrowing hair in some people.

How can I prevent hair loss?

Dr. M. Christine Lee
Dermatology 28 years experience
Minoxidil: Best treatment is rogaine (minoxidil) and/or Propecia (finasteride). The earlier you start rogaine the better--more effective at slowing down hair loss than it is at growing hair after it's gone. Need to keep using it in order to keep the benefits. Same with propecia.

What can I do to help prevent hair loss?

Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Hair loss: Avoid hair trauma like scratching head, using hair products, braiding, cornrows, tight ponytails, and hair extensions. Be healty, exercise, eat healthy. See doctor to do labs and suggest treatments for the prevention of hair loss or treatment to regrow hair.