can i use urine that has been sitting out for hours-for a hpt and the urine is cold. i am one day before my period is due.

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 28 years experience
Pregnancy Testing: No. You should test the first urine of the day the morning after the first day you miss a period.
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology 36 years experience
Why?: I can't figure out why you'd chose to test before your period is due - clearly, you've not missed a period yet. Also, I can't figure out why you'd not just collect a nice fresh sample the next time you need to urinate. Since it will not 'hurt' anyone, I suppose you 'can', you probably will not trust the results and you might be correct not to as they might be premature or contaminated, but - why?
Dr. Adeshola Ezeokoli
No: Use early morning fresh urine

Last updated May 16, 2014