Australia

On the bottle for benadryl (diphenhydramine) it says not to give to children under the age of 2 a pharmacist told me i can give my 10 month old son 2 mls for the flu?

Dr. Marshall Seligmann
Benadryl (diphenhydramine): In general, Benadryl (diphenhydramine) is safe for children to take; however, the dose of Benadryl (diphenhydramine) should be adjusted based on the child's weight. That being said, Benadryl (diphenhydramine) is an antihistamine, and has no role in the treatment of the flu.
Worthless for flu: I suppose this could sedate your kid for a while & you might get a well deserved break.However, I find it safe in a 10 mo at proper dose, but of no value during the flu. They need fluids/rest/nutrition and maybe some ibuprofen for fever.
Last updated Jul 5, 2017