Do u have to have a period to ovulate? Can you still get pregnant if I don't have a period but ovulate? How can I tell that I'm ovulating?

Dr. Natalie Sieb
13 years experience in Family Medicine
Ovulation proof: If you are not bleeding, then you are either pregnant or are having very irregular periods. When was your last period? If you count your cycle (Day 1 is the first day of bleeding, and count to how ever many days until you start bleeding again), and it is around 28-30 days, then you would ovulate around day 14-15.If you aren't having a period then you might not be ovulating at all. Talk to your doc
Answered on May 16, 2014