Port Richey, FL

i had blood work and my asca was abnormal my doctor mentioned possible crohns disease. could my asca be abnormal and it be fine. i've had weight loss?

Dr. You Sung Sang
Gastroenterology 31 years experience
ASCA not perfect: The ASCA test is just a marker for possible Crohn's disease. It is highly variable especially dependent upon which lab is running the test. Next step should be to see a gastroenterologist to discuss about a possible colonoscopy +/- Capsule endoscopy.
Dr. Richard Gould
Specializes in ADHD and Autism
Yes: Your positive ASCA is suggestive but not diagnostic of Crohn's. But because you have diarrhea, weight loss and fatigue, you should be evaluated further. A CT scan, small bowel series and colonoscopy would be helpful. Good luck!

Last updated Feb 2, 2017