Absecon, NJ

For the past year, sometimes i have been getting pain in my rib cage both sides which radiates to my back. with drinking less, i notice it happens more after i drink alcohol.

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine 50 years experience
Could be many things: but if it is getting worse after drinking, I would be concerned that it might be pancreatitis. Anything in what is called the "retroperitoneum" - very posterior organs like the pancreas, a short part of the duodenum, the kidneys - may radiate to the back. I would see your health care provider for a full evaluation, including blood work and possibly imaging of the pancreas. Stop alcohol!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Satish Charo
Heartburn: Could be heartburn. Try taking OTC Prilosec or Pepcid/Zantac (generics fine) to see if helps. Try drinking less. If it is not better, discuss with your doctor.
Last updated Dec 25, 2020