Tulsa, OK
A 37-year-old female asked about a 76-year-old female:

My mother in law is 76, has metastatic breast cancer in liver, on chemo now started giving things away.bad sign?

Pathology 45 years experience
Bad sign?: Your mom's physicians have presumably explained to her that her cancer is not curable, and that the amount of time that she has left is unpredictable. It seems perfectly sensible and the right thing in this situation for her to share the things she has treasured with the people she loves. Perhaps you can help Mom prepare for what will eventually come by cherishing the times you've shared.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Great advice!
Jan 9, 2018
Dr. Le Wang
Dr. Le Wanganswered
Not neccessarily : To my knowledge, there is no direct correlation of this type of behavior to the cancer prognosis. This can also be seen in elderly people without cancer. Metastatic breast cancer with liver mets generally has unfavorable prognosis. But chemo does prolong the life and improve the quality of life. Hope she does well with chemo.
Last updated Jan 9, 2018