A member asked:

Gas & air or epidural for labour, which is better?

9 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Glenn Messina answered

Specializes in Aesthetic Medicine

Epidural: I don't know if by gas you mean anesthesia. If so epidural is safer you are conscious participate in the delivery, it can cover a C-section as well and your newborn will have less medication transfer to them.

Answered 2/18/2015

4k views

Thank
Dr. Eric Weisman answered

Specializes in Neurology

Sit down with: anesthesiologist or OB doctor to discuss the pros and cons in detail. I cannot cover the necessary considerations with a 400 character limit. I hope you have a healthy baby either way and that all tuns out well.

Answered 12/19/2014

3.5k views

Thank

Related Questions

Sponsored Content
HealthTap Medical Group does not endorse products or services. Sponsored content revenues support our mission to make health information free and accessible to all.Learn more