Magnolia, NC

saw my ent after ct scan. she showed me my sinuses and then she showed me a round solid grey circle. was that top of head? she said it looked fine to.

Dr. Bernstein Joel
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 60 years experience
No: There are basically three densities in the CAT scan of the paranasal sinuses. Black is air, dense white is bone and grey is soft tissue. A round grey circle could have been the orbit (eye). It was not the top of the head which would have been dense white. After viewing the CAT scan with your ENT doctor, you should have walked away with a lot more information.

Last updated May 10, 2014