U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 30-year-old member asked:

How can you tell if you're double jointed from eds?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery 51 years experience
Clinical diagnosis: The collagen diagnostic laboratory offers diagnostic testing for eds type IV (vascular eds), eds type vi (kyphoscoliotic eds) and eds vii (arthrochalasia). Testing for eds types i and ii (classical eds) is available elsewhere. There is presently no laboratory test available for individuals with the most common form of eds - eds type iii or hypermobility eds. It remains a clinical diagnosis..
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 47-year-old member asked:
Am double jointed, long tongue, poor healing. Does this sound like ehlers-danlos syndrome?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A female asked:
If I have Ehlers- Danlos syndrome, what should I use to stabilize my joints?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 48-year-old member asked:
What is the difference between ehlers-danlos syndrome and joint hypermobility syndrome?
2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Last updated Dec 29, 2022


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.