Diagnosed positive for pelvic inflammation. Doctor denied to treat until 1st day of my periods. Havng continuous abdominal pain. Should I c othr doc?

Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Alvin Lin answered
29 years experience in Geriatrics
Yes: I'm not aware of any reason to delay appropriate treatment of pelvic inflammatory disease (due to sexually transmitted infection). Treatment for pid consists of antibiotics, assuming diagnosis is properly made. Complications of untreated or undertreated pid include but are not limited to chronic pelvic pain, infertility, and/or increase risk of ectopic (tubal) pregnancy. So yes, get 2nd opinion.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016