i am a teenager and my period is late by like a week. i'm not sexually active or anything. is there something going on in my body or something?

Dr. Tanya Russo
24 years experience Pediatrics
Irregular cycle: Many things can cause changes in the regularity of your cycle besides pregnancy. It is not uncommon for cycles to be irregular for the first couple of years after starting. Additionally, illness, stress, excessive exercise, excessive weight loss and diet changes can cause changes in your pattern. If your cycle does not return soon, see your doctor for 'secondary amenorrhea'.
Answered on Aug 1, 2014
1