A member asked:
Disclaimer

is it dangerous for babies to be exposed to lead paint?

1 doctor answer
Dr. Sharon Gilliland
35 years experience Pediatrics
Yes: It is dangerous for babies to be exposed to lead paint in a form which can be ingested or breathed in. For instance, if lead paint has peeled from the walls and the baby picks up a piece and eats it or if the paint has crumbled into dust over the years and is in the dirt in the yard, the baby can get it in his/her system. Elevated lead can be very dangerous to a child's brain.
Answered on Mar 21, 2011

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
$10/month

Related questions:

A 31-year-old male asked:
Dr. Lonnie Smith
38 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Not dangerous: If it has been over a week it should be safe to sleep in your home.
1
1 thank
A 45-year-old member asked:
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
34 years experience Pediatrics
Only if the enamel..: ...Is in itself toxic. Oaxacan pottery, from mexico, is a famous offender.
1
1 thank
A 52-year-old member asked:
Dr. Kenneth Horlander
49 years experience Pulmonology
Fumes: The amount of exposure is very important - if you think was severe the. Go to er now. If was awhile ago and want much and was ventilated and baby and ... Read More
2
2 thanks
A 43-year-old female asked:
Dr. Marvin Ott
19 years experience Emergency Medicine
You have time: Most paints will dry in 48-72 hours with proper ventilation. If you are concerned about fume exposure, it would be best if you were not around when he ... Read More
1
1 thank

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
$10/month