what should i do when a migraine begins?

Dr. Lester Thompson
Pathology 33 years experience
Acetomenophen: I too suffer from migraines. I take a prescription (imitrex), although sumatriptan succinate (100 mg) is just as good. I take 2 Acetaminophen with 8 oz of water -- and try to close my eyes until the scotopia (flashing lights) have gone away. You need to see a physician to get the prescription -- but sometimes the headache is still there! :<.
Dr. William Goldie
Pediatric Neurology 48 years experience
Stop and treat: Migraine is the body's reaction to a stress. It is telling you to stop and rest - or suffer the consequence. The sooner you lie down, rest, and take a medication the faster you will recover. Develop a good management plan. Be in control of the migraine, do not let it be in control of you.