how to track calories burned with gazelle edge and an mvp?

Dr. Amrit Singh
Cardiology 51 years experience
Light: moderate or vigorous exercise will burn 6, 8 or 10 ca /mint

Are low calorie sports drinks acceptable, or is the sugar also vital to my recovery?

Dr. Pam Yoder
Specializes in Maternal-Fetal Medicine
Healthy sugar is OK : There is increasing evidence that sweetened drinks can be detrimental to health, according to many nutritionists and physicians. The same applies to sweet and carbonated drinks, according to dentists. If a woman thinks she needs to replace fluids and electrolytes after intense exercise and/or sweating, she could have a low-calorie sports drink along with a piece of fruit or other healthful snack.

What are some low calorie foods that I can use as appetite suppressants?

Dr. Barbara A Majeroni
Specializes in Family Medicine
High fiber foods: High fiber foods can make you feel full for longer; these include fruits like apples and oranges (not the juice), and whole grains. Also soups are good. If you drink a glass of water before your meal, you will likely eat less.

What is the definition of a negative calorie diet?

Dr. Edward Neilsen
Weight loss: A negative caloric diet is simply that you take in less calories than you burn. Your doctor or a nutritionist can help you determine your BMR (basal metabolic rate) which is the amount of calories you typically burn in a day. To lose weight you will either need to eat less calories than that, or exercise to burn more. It requires a negative balance of around 3500 kcal to burn a pound.

What is the definition of a restricted calorie diet?

Dr. David Wyatt
Less in, more out. : Restricted calorie is used to distinguish from low carb or low fat... Restricted calorie diet for weight loss means burning more calories than you take in to see weight reduction..

What is the minimum amount of calories I should consume per day to remain healthy?

Dr. Seema Patel
Holistic Medicine 27 years experience
Depends.: You need to get your resting metabolism rate checked to see what your rate is. This guideline of everyone eating 2000cal has caused tremendous problems. I check resting rates and most women are between 1100-1500calories and in the rest weight range! so customize this to get the right info.

Last updated Jun 1, 2015