Middleburg, FL

i got my wisdom teeth removed 7 days ago & my jaw still feels locked. i can't open my mouth enough to eat anything. is this normal?

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
No: Please return to oral surgeon who did the extractions for additional rx.
Dr. Eddie Cheng
Dr. Eddie Cheng commented
Specializes in Family Medicine
I suspect either your mandible or the disc is dislocated at the TMJ. Do you feel more pain in one side more than the other? Stay on soft food diet and talk to your oral surgeon for help. MRI of your TMJ may help to make the definitive diagnosis. OTC anti inflammatory med may help your pain.
Apr 19, 2014
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology 36 years experience
Call the dentist: This should be part of the follow-up to the work done. Call and ask about it - the dentist should take a look and help you either understand what's happening or correct any problems. Multiple extractions can be fairly difficult. But you do want some reassurances or some help. Call asap. Take care. I hope it's better real soon.