U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 27-year-old female asked:

Hi i am sunitha, i have hair thinning, i feel i will go bald very soon. can you please tell me what to do. i am using foltene shampoo and trichorganics?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 41 years experience
Alopecia?: There is a condition called alopecia which causes the hair to fall out. This is different from male pattern baldness which is genetic and not a disorder. It can be in patches or the entire body. A dermatologist can tell you if you have alopecia (an autoimmune disorder) and treat it. Peace and good health.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Apr 15, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.