Georgia

i touched the condom to pull it out and had some hiv fluid on my fingers possibly then accidentally touched a tiny bit my urethra am i infected?

Dr. Amy Deeken
Pathology 20 years experience
Unlikely: If there are no open sore or wounds in the area, it is very unlikely that there would be HIV transmission with what you've described. Be as careful as possible to avoid exposure. Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer if possible after removal of condoms. If you have any concerns regarding exposures, get tested. There are many ways to do so for free. You owe it to yourself and future partners.
Dr. Amy Deeken
Dr. Amy Deeken commented
Pathology 20 years experience
Provided original answer
See hiv.gov to search for testing sites on your area.
Apr 13, 2014

Last updated Jan 31, 2021