Any reasons why my eyes hurt in the morning and are difficult to open?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology 52 years experience
Dryness: If this is a chronic problem and the vision is normal and the eye is not red all the time, then it is likely due to insufficient tears and sometimes mild lid inflammation (blepharitis). Check with your ophthalmologist for the best treatment as these are conditions that can be fixed.
Dr. Timothy Perozek
Ophthalmology 23 years experience
At night the eyes dry out and the inside of the upper lid can stick to the cornea and make it painful to open. At night, put Refresh PM nighttime ointment in your eye and keep them closed all night. If wake to go to the bathroom, put more in. This will moisturize the eyes and create a barrier between your lid and the cornea.
Apr 15, 2014