U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 25-year-old female asked:

I get burning sensation in the middle of the breast bone area under the rib cage when i drink or eat certain things. heart burn or stomach ulcer?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Jonah Essers
Pediatric Gastroenterology 19 years experience
Several things: This should be evaluated by your primary doctor (and possibly gastroenterologist). This could be ulcer, viral infection, fungal infection, bacterial infection, or allergic inflammation. Your doctor may just start you on medications or may decide you need to have an endoscopy (where a camera is placed into your mouth and down into your stomach).

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Feb 2, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.