can you tell me if i could get a yeast infection in my anus?

That is possible: Your doctor can confirm if this is the cause of your symptoms.

Should I be concerned about a rash in my genital and anal area?

Dr. Erin Alward
Yes: There are multiple different types of infections that can cause a genital rash. Some are easily treated and some are more difficult. There can also be some inflammatory conditions that can cause a rash "down there." some precancerous or cancers can cause rash-looking changes. You need to see your doctor to be evaluated.

What is done to treat a prostate infection?

Dr. Howard Tay
Urology 31 years experience
Prostatitis: Antibiotic along w non steroidal anti inflammatory (NSAID) are the most common medications used to treat prostate infection. Common antibiotics : cipro, (ciprofloxacin) bactrim. Common NSAID : Ibuprofen , naproxen. Usually an extended course of treatment > 2 weeks is needed because medications do not penetrate the prostate easily.

Does a bad taste or smell in my mouth mean infection?

Dr. Jake Richards
Dentistry 12 years experience
Possibly: It is not a for sure thing that you would have an infection but those symptoms common for an infection that is draining such as an abcess. You may want to have a dentist take a look for you.

What can be done for a salivary gland infection?

Dr. Russell Lieblick
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 21 years experience
Antibiotics plus: The first thing is to make sure it's just an infection and not a cyst or tumor. Infection can typically be treated with antibiotics initially. I usually request that patients use sugar free hard sour candies and hydrate aggressively. If this is unsuccessful, or if infection recurs immediately, the gland can be flushed.

Please tell me, could i get a yeast infection in my anus?

Dr. Clyde Dorr
Gynecology 60 years experience
Yes.: It is possible to get a fungal infection in and aroubnd the anus.

Last updated Feb 23, 2019